The state of Oregon ranks 19th in the business environment report by U.S. News & World Report, which ranks states based on patent creation, tax burden, number of top companies headquartered, and the flow of venture capital in the state. Oregon also ranks high in the Forbes Best States for Business List at number 22. The state enjoys high rankings as a result of abundant labour supply, low business costs, and high growth prospects. Moody’s Analytics predicts job growth in Oregon to be seventh best in the country over the next five years. Fortune 500 companies such as Nike and Lithia Motors are headquartered in the state.
Students pursuing an online MBA in Oregon can have a bright career outlook considering the favorable job growth predictions in the state. An online MBA program can help students gain an insider’s view of the business environment in the state while offering ample flexibility for working professionals.
An online MBA program generally comprises 45 to 60 credit-hours and can be completed in one to two years. Along with a fundamental understanding of business principles, students learn about finance, marketing, administration, and logistics.
Featured Online MBA Programs in Oregon
Oregon State University offers an online master of business administration (MBA) program in the following areas:
- Business Analytics – The online MBA in business analytics is a hybrid program offering courses such as data analytics for competitive advantage, data management, data exploration and visualization, and data/text mining. Students learn how to use information technology and data science to glean information from data, as well as how to use data analytics tools.
- Organizational Leadership – This specialization is designed for leaders and professionals in all industries. This is also a hybrid program and includes courses such as business law for managers, managing projects, managing human resources, and negotiations. Students are trained to make ethical decisions, understand corporate social responsibility, and use new techniques to meet their organization’s goals.
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management – This specialization prepares students to work in supply chain management, operations, and logistics. The curriculum includes courses such as supply and sourcing management, service operations, supply chain analytics, and global logistics management. The program helps students gain a thorough understanding of supply chain management, the role of operations in international business, and how to affect change in an organization.
- Marketing – The marketing MBA helps students develop marketing strategies using customer insights and a problem-solving approach. Courses in this program include integrated marketing communications, a business internship, search engine marketing, and customer relationship management. Graduates of the program are well-equipped to apply marketing tools, design a comprehensive marketing strategy, and apply psychological, economic, and sociological principles for effective marketing.
All of the programs outlined comprise 60 credit-hours. Admission requirements include an undergraduate business degree or business minor from an accredited institution, transcripts from each institution attended, a current resume, two professional references, GMAT or GRE (can be waived) test scores, and TOEFL or IELTS for demonstrating English language proficiency.
|Location: Corvallis, Oregon|
|Accreditation: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
|Expected Time to Completion: 30 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $50,880 for the program|
Eastern Oregon University offers an online master of business administration program. The program places an emphasis on transformative thinking and innovation. This MBA program is available on-campus in La Grande, onsite in Gresham at Mt. Hood Community College, and the online format is accessible to students worldwide.
Admission requirements for the program include a baccalaureate degree (with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher), official transcripts, a professional resume, a cover letter, and two essays. For students with a GPA less than 3.0, they must submit GRE or GMAT scores.
The program comprises 45 credit-hours. The curriculum explores topics such as marketing strategies, managerial communication, leadership, entrepreneurial finance, and business intelligence. Students get an understanding of ethical dilemmas and learn how to communicate business concepts with clarity in a team environment.
Graduates of the program can take up managerial roles in a number of industries and organizations.
|Location: La Grande, Oregon|
|Accreditation: International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)|
|Expected Time to Completion: 15 months or up four years|
|Estimated Tuition: $466 per credit-hour|
Corban University offers an online master of business administration program, also known as the Hoff MBA. Along with theoretical knowledge, students get a chance to apply their classroom knowledge to solve real-world problems and issues. The faculty for the program are renowned for their expertise in finance, accounting, marketing, and corporate communications.
The admission requirements for this program include a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited institution with an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (or GMAT scores of 500 or higher), transcripts from any colleges or universities attended, and a professional resume.
Made up of 30 credit-hours, the program provides students with tools and methodologies to succeed in a competitive business environment. The courses include marketing and analytics, finance, reporting and control, business strategy and entrepreneurship, technology and operations management, leadership and organizational behavior, and contemporary issues in the marketplace.
Students are prepared to use data analysis and segmentation to make marketing decisions, explore global business issues, and develop leadership skills. At the end of the program, they emerge as influential leaders and managers, ready to take up top positions in any organization.
|Location: Salem, Oregon|
|Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).|
|Expected Time to Completion: 12 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $499 per credit-hour|
Concordia University offers an online master of business administration (MBA) program. The program can be completed online or on campus. Students can customize their degree by specializing in one of the following areas:
- General Business – As the name suggests, this concentration prepares students to lead organizations in various industries. Offering maximum flexibility, this concentration lets students select nine credits from courses in any of the other MBA concentrations. Thus, students can customize their degree to match their career objectives.
- Leadership and Management – This concentration equips students with practical skills in leadership and executive management. Courses in this track include leadership, strategic human resource management, and strategic issues in international business. Students develop an ability to drive change, develop an analytical mindset, and foster innovation in their organization.
- Finance – The finance concentration prepares students to work in corporate finance and related fields. The coursework completed in this program can also be used towards professional certifications such as CPA and CFA. Courses in this specialization include entrepreneurial finance, advanced topics in corporate finance, and risk assessment. Students learn about the role of financial markets, the importance of ethics, and capital budgeting methods.
- Healthcare Administration – The healthcare administration concentration allows students to learn about the fundamental issues associated with the healthcare industry. The curriculum includes courses such as managed care systems, insurance and regulations, health administration law and ethics, and quality and information management. The program helps students learn about healthcare financing and how to finance capital expenses.
- Project Management – This concentration prepares students to take up project manager positions and handle high-level planning, strategy, and risk management. Courses in this track include managing projects, managing project resources and teams, and project monitoring and control. In this specialization, students develop a deep understanding of project management, get prepared to pursue the PMI professional certification, and learn to lead and manage projects.
- Professional Practice – This is an accelerated degree offered to students who have graduated from a professional program or a certification program. Students can apply nine credits of approved coursework at the graduate-level from a graduate degree or certificate program to this MBA specialization. It helps students further develop their analytical skills and become well-equipped to lead and manage projects.
Admission requirements for this program include a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited school, a grade point average of 3.0 or better, a professional resume, a letter of intent, official transcripts, and English language proficiency scores for international students.
The program comprises 38 credit-hours, of which 29 consist of core courses, while the concentration courses make up nine credit-hours. The core coursework includes topics such as leading organizational change, financial reporting and control, and marketing.
Graduates of this online MBA program can work in a number of sectors including business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
|Location: Portland, Oregon|
|Accreditation: The Accreditation Council for Business School & Programs (ACBSP)|
|Expected Time to Completion: 18 to 24 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $26,316 to $35,720 for the entire program|
Bushnell University offers an online master of business administration (MBA) program. It offers two concentrations: management and nonprofit leadership.
Applicants to the program must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, official transcripts, a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0, a 500-word essay, a resume, and TOEFL scores (for students from non-English speaking countries). GMAT or GRE scores are not required.
Comprising 36 credit-hours, the program focuses on core business principles and concepts. The core courses include managerial statistics, business ethics, managerial finance, and managerial economics. Courses in the management concentration include leadership strategies, marketing strategy, human resource management, and operations and service management. The non-profit leadership concentration includes courses such as volunteer leadership, marketing for sustainability, and legal and ethical issues for non-profit organizations.
Apart from getting an in depth understanding of business, students learn how to communicate effectively, tackle management issues, and keep pace with the latest business trends. On successful completion of the program, students can apply for leadership and management roles in various industries.
|Location: Eugene, Oregon|
|Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities|
|Expected Time to Completion: 12 or 24 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $725 per credit-hour|
Portland State University offers an online healthcare MBA program in a hybrid format. This means 80 percent of the classroom interaction is completed through online learning, while the remaining 20 percent requires in-person attendance. In-person classes are held at the Oregon Health & Science University.
Applicants to the program must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, three years of professional work experience, a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0, GMAT or GRE test scores (can be waived), official transcripts from every college or university ever attended, a current resume or CV, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and TOEFL scores (for students whose primary language is not English).
Made up of 72 credit-hours, the program’s curriculum is focused on leadership. Some of the courses include pioneering innovation in healthcare, healthcare economics, financial reporting in healthcare, managerial decision making, payment systems in healthcare, and organizational management in healthcare.
The program helps students gain an understanding of the U.S. health system, the key findings related to health economics, and the use of strategy and data in healthcare. Students also learn how to manage and run their own teams. Graduates of the program can pursue leadership positions in healthcare organizations.
|Location: Portland, Oregon|
|Accreditation: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
|Expected Time to Completion: 33 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $590 per credit-hour|
Southern Oregon University offers an online master of business administration. The program offers a number of concentrations to choose from such as accounting, business analytics, marketing, finance, and healthcare administration.
Admission requirements for the program include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, transcripts verifying a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended, and TOEFL or IELTS score for students whose native language is not English.
The program consists of 45 credit-hours, divided into 33 credit-hours for core courses and 12 credit-hours for concentration-related coursework. Some of the core courses are as follows: information systems, strategic operations management, marketing management and strategies, and economic analysis.
The concentration courses include:
- Accounting – accounting information systems, financial statement analysis, and business valuation and financial statements
- Business analytics – advanced management information systems, process improvement, and using GIS in business
- Marketing – internet marketing and e-commerce, using GIS in business, and marketing channels management and pricing strategy
- Finance – investments, international financial management, and financial statement analysis
- Healthcare administration – process improvement, advanced health communication, and healthcare in the United States: structures, systems, and policies
Depending on the concentration, the program helps students develop leadership skills, explore the various systems of healthcare, understand corporate financial statements, and master customer service. The program can open up doors to various managerial and leadership positions for students.
|Location: Ashland, Oregon|
|Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)|
|Expected Time to Completion: 16 months|
|Estimated Tuition: $19,350 total|